These special dinos are an art project by Robin R that was started in 2019. She was looking to create a special area to inspire families to get out and explore more of Allaire.
The project started with a few small huts. This grew into her first dino... a T-Rex! This was followed by a triceratops, a Pterodactyl feeding her little baby, and a new stegosaurus!
Parking is found along Squankum-Allenwood Rd at the main entrance to the Group Campground. You can park in any open area, as long as you are not on the road, along the fence, blocking any trails, or on top of grass/shrubs/trees.
There is not a specific address for the entrance, but here is the specific lat/lon: 40.133748, -74.122308
Take a Hike
The Dinosaur area can be found in the woods just east of the Group Campground. There are a lot of trials in this area, and most are not marked. To help we made a simple and not-completely-perfect map. Please note that the trail colors on the map DO NOT match any blazes in this area of the park. They are just added as a simple reference.
Easy Path (Purple)
- Park, and lock your car. Do not block gates or park on any bushes/trees.
- Hike the campground road towards (and through) the yellow gate.
- Keep right after the yellow gate onto a trail.
- Go past a second gate.
- Stay right when the trail splits.
- Stay straight until you notice the trees change.
- Watch for Huts on your right, and the dinos to your left in the woods.
- There are a lot of mountain bikes along the trails near the parkway
This hike is not very long. I believe our last visit was a bit less than a mile total, there and back.
Alt Path (Blue)
If you follow our blue route you will be brought closer to the Garden State Parkway. There are also more hills and more mountain bikers in this area.
Alt Path 2 (Orange)
The orange route brings you into the group campground along the paved path. Once near Site E you will enter the woods, head down the hill and find which trail will loop you around the the dino area.
- Primary Address
- Allaire Group Campground,
Wall Township, New Jersey 07719
- Allaire Dino Trail Map